Many people want to gain leadership positions so that they can have more power and influence.
They don't realise that real influence cannot be gained by position or authority alone. Maybe for a short period of time, but no position guarantees influence with people over the long term.
Becoming influential takes time and consistent effort and there are absolutely no short cuts.
I believe the following is necessary for anyone who wishes to have more influence:
1. You must like people.
2. You must take a genuine interest in people.
3. You must make an effort to get to know people.
4. You must appreciate and respect people.
5. You must proactively look for ways to add value to people.
6. You must validate people for their efforts and results.
7. You must help people succeed.
8. You must care about people.
As simple or basic as the above may sound, you only have to look around to see how many people lack influence.
- Ron Malhotra
Love this blog post? Hate this blog post? Have any other ideas? Please share...