1. Get out of your head and get in your heart. Leave your ego at the door.
2. Remind yourself that speaking is not all about you, it's about creating value for your audience.
3. Have a powerful and impactful opening.
4. Use pauses often.
5. Connect with your audience by making eye contact.
6. Vary your tone of voice, depending on the impact you are trying to create.
7. Share personal stories that are relevant to your topic and your audience.
8. Highlight and repeat key points.
9. Be expressive with your pitch and body language.
10. Use the space on the stage effectively.
11. Use an effective close that summarizes the topic and/or provides people with a call to action.
- Ron Malhotra
Love this post? Hate this post? Have other ideas? Please share your tips to add to this list.